2 Job Opportunities at Kilimanjaro International Leather Industries Company Limited (KLICL). OverviewThe Kilimanjaro International Leather Industries Company Limited (KLICL) previously known as Karanga Leather Industries Company Limited is established as a Joint Venture company between PSSSF and Tanzania Prisons Service through its Company known as Prisons Corporation Sole. The Company was established on 17th May 2017 to undertake development and operate leather industries in Karanga area, Moshi Municipality.
KLICL intends to hire qualified, energetic, dynamic and proactive Tanzanian to fill the positions below exists in the organization structure…
JOB TITLE: HEAD –LEGAL UNIT –1 POSITION
REQUIRED ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCEHolder of LLB degree from a recognized higher learning institution, plus one year attendance of internship/The Law school, must have 5 years relevant working experience in a senior position, in a legal corporate environment, from a reputable institution. Must be Registered as an Advocate of the High Court, Must be computer literate. Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Head of Legal Unit Reports to the Managing Director, is responsible for advising the Managing Director, Management and the Board of Directors on all legal issues affecting KLICL’s operations.
- As the Company Secretary, Coordinates matters pertaining to the administration of the Board’s affairs, Board appointments, meetings and all related issues.
- Provides expert, written or oral, legal opinion to the Managing Director, various committees, Board of Directors and other Departments.
- Prepares and ensures timely submission of Management implementation reports regarding Board resolutions.
- Represents KLICL in various internal and external consultations and negotiations on Legal issues to ensure KLICL’s interests are effectively safeguarded.
- Prepares the units budget and work plan, review and develop KLICL’s legal, procedures and recommend areas of improvement;
- Analyse and identify legal risks and implications of all business’s transactions, keeps senior management in all departments of the business informed of developments in laws and regulations that may potentially affect the business.
- Assists inthe interpretation of Labor laws, rules, regulations and policies.
- Prepares, executes and registers all legal contracts/documents.
- Deals with all legal routine correspondences addressed to the Company.
- Represents KLICL in courts, mediation & arbitration agencies.
- Attends disciplinary sessions to ensure correct legal actions
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
JOB TITLE: PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLIES OFFICE
REQUIRED ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Procurement and Supplies Management, Procurement and Logistics/Materials Management, Business Administration with a major in Procurement and Supplies from a recognized higher learning institution, with at least 3 years relevant working experience.
- Must be registered by the Procurement and supplies Professional and Technical Board (PSPTB) as a graduate, Procurement and Supplies Professional.
- Must be computer literate.
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESa)Prepares purchase requisitions/orders upon obtaining relevant approvals.b)Follows up on orders for timely delivery.c)Facilitates receipt, inspection and disbursement of goods to user departments.d)Assists in preparation of Annual Procurement Plan and Tender Board meeting documents.e)Supervises procurement of materials as stipulated in the procurement plan.f)Prepares contract documents and maintains a list or register of all contracts awarded to service providers.g)Prepares monthly reports for the Tender Board and periodic and annual procurement reports for KLICL, PPRA and GPSA.h)Receives and issues vouchers, delivery notes and invoices.i)Keeps proper records of purchases and documents in safe custody.j)Posts entries in materials supplies ledgers.k)Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
All positions carry attractive package commensurate with one’s qualifications and experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants are required to provide detailed curriculum vitae; certified copies of academic certificates as follows:
- Form IV/VI National Examination Certificate.
- Degree/ Advanced Diploma Certificates.
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective registration or regulatory bodies (where applicable).
- Birth certificate.
- Certificates from foreign Examination bodies or Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional Certificates from foreign Universities or other training Institutions should be verified by the Tanzanian Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Uncertified certificates and provisional statement of results will not be accepted.
- Applicants should indicate 3 work related referees with their reliable telephones and e–mails. Applications should be submitted by post to the following address, not later than July 28th 2021.
Managing Director,Kilimanjaro International Leather Industries Company Limited,Plot 581, Block LLL, Moshi –Arusha RoadP.O. Box 74,MOSHI, TANZANIA.