20 Telecom Rigger Job at Broadcom Limited.
Telecom Riggers – 20 Positions
Broadcom Limited is a communication Technologies Organization dedicated to provide Complete Communication Network Solutions for Network Operators, Communication Regulators, Broadcasting Houses, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) Utilities, Governments, UN bodies and large business organizations in Africa. Our HQ Company is Broadband Communication Network Limited Located in Nairobi Kenya. For more info about us please visit our website; www.broadcom.co.ke
We would like to advertise for the following position:
TELECOM RIGGERS (Positions 20)
REPORTS TO: Team Leader
- Building wireless sites on rooftops, lattice towers, guy towers and monopoles
- Tower climbing and rope access
- Install repair and remove, various types and sizes of lines including fiber optic, co-axial and DC power
- Utilize winches, crane and capstan to move loads as required
- Install structural steel, cable tray, conduits, antenna mounts, antennas, transmission lines and ancillary equipment on communication towers
- Perform all general ground procedures associated with the installation of a communication tower
carry out Installation of Radios and Antenna Systems for LTE/Microwave as well as installation of Fiber optic and Coax Cable installation tasks on steel lattice, guyed, masts, towers, rooftop and building antenna / aerial systems.
- Carry out suitable and sufficient risk assessments in line with company procedures prior to work being undertaken.
- Assist in the testing of antenna systems for the purposes of fault finding and subsequent rectification.
- Conduct visual inspections of antenna Mounts, aerials, co-axial cables, fixings, feeder cables and anchor points.
- Carry out cable repairs including splicing and termination.
- Assist the team leader in the preparation and input of site reports and photographs onto the company database.
- Ensure the proper inspection and use of personal safety equipment
- Work safely on towers incorporating 100% tie off – fall protection practices
- Ensure that all company equipment is well maintained and in safe operating condition
- Ensure work is completed as per client and employer standards, prepare reports as required
- Assist in sorting RF and link material before transportation to the assigned/allocated site.
- Any other related duty as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-years experience as a rigger
- Work at height training certificates
- Atleast 1year experience on Ericsson Equipment for MW &RAN
- Work at height training
- First aid training
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-driven and motivated
- Ability to work and pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Be a team player
If you meet these qualifications submit your applications to [email protected] before 12th August 2022