Job Opportunities at The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM),The University of Dar es Salaam invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to be considered for immediate employment to fill the following vacant posts. This is a re-advertisement and those who applied before need not to re -apply.
UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM SCHOOL OF LAW (UDSoL)
Department of Public Law
1 Position – Assistant Lecturer
Applicants should have the following academic qualifications;
LL.B (4 years)
LL.M (Regular) (2 years)
Should be able to teach: Environmental Law; EAC Law and International Humanitarian Law
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY (CoET)
Department of Structural and Construction Engineering
Field: Structural Analysis, Structural Designs (steel, concrete, timber), Building materialsJob Opportunities at The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM)
1 Position – Assistant Lecturer
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Field: Mechatronics/ Mechanical/ designs Engineering/ Manufacturing/Production Engineering
3 Positions –Assistant Lecturer
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES AND FISHERIES TECHNOLOGY (CoAF)
Department of Crop Science and Bee Keeping Technology
Field: Agricultural Entomology 1 Position – Lecturer
Lecturer must possess PhD plus a minimum GPA of 4.0 or a B+ average at Master’s degree level and an undergraduate degree with an overall GPA of 3.8 or higher from an internationally reputable higher bearing institution. They must be potentially good academically.
Assistant Lecturer must possess a minimum GPA of 4.0 or a B+ average at Master’s degree level and an undergraduate degree with an overall GPA of 3.8 or higher from an internationally reputable higher bearing institution. They must be potentially good academically.
Main Duties for:
- Carries out lectures, conduct tutorials, seminars and practicals for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- Sets, invigilates and marks undergraduate and postgraduate examinations
- Mentoring junior staff in relevant fields
- Participates /contributes in curriculum development
- Participates in developing and managing various university/constituent college activities;
- Conducts research and publish/disseminate results
- Carries out consultancy and community services
- Writes teaching manuals and compendia
- Supervises field practicals, undergraduate special projects, Masters and PhD dissertations/ theses
- Attends /organize workshops, conferences and symposia; and
- Performs any work of the University as assigned by relevant authorities
- Carries out lectures, seminars, tutorials and practicals for undergraduate programmes
- Sets, invigilates and marks undergraduate examinations
- Assists senior staff in lectures, seminars, tutorials, and practicals for postgraduate programmes
- Supervises projects and practical training for undergraduate students
- Conducts research and publishes results;
- Carries out consultancy and public service
- Undergoes postgraduate training to PhD level
- Participates in relevant workshops and conferences; and
- To perform any other relevant duties assigned by one’s superior
TERMS OF SERVICE
- Permanent and pensionable.
- Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Detailed CV.
- Photocopy of relevant academic certificates and transcripts.
- Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Names and addresses of two referees.
- Mode of communication, e.g. Telephone, email, etc.Job Opportunities at The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM)
Applicants should indicate Departments/Disciplines for which they apply
Applicants who are currently employed in the Public Service must channel their application letters through their respective employers. Non-disclosure of such status will lead to automatic disqualification
All applicants should indicate the positions they apply on top of the envelope.
Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
Presentation of forged certificates & other information will necessitate to legal action.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following address:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic),
University of Dar es Salaam,
P.O. Box 35091, DAR ES SALAAM.
One week from the date of this Re-advertisement i.e. 05th March, 2021 (So, deadline will be 12th March, 2021 )Job Opportunities at The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM)