Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019.
Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Employment Opportunities At Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS)
POSITION: PSYCHIATRIC NURSE
Duty Station: Nduta Camp (Kibondo DC) and Nyarugusu Camp (Kasulu DC)
Reports to: Patron/Matron
Age limit: Not above 45 Years.
- Provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles.
- Develop care plans for patients, helping them be as independent as possible
- Administer and monitor treatment regimens
- Administer prescribed medications, making constant adjustments commensurate with a patient’s condition under the supervision of qualified medical staff
- Observe and report behavioral changes
- Maintain control of drugs and medications
- Help patients improve their coping abilities
- Work with patients’ families to help improve the patient’s abilities & help them deal with family member’s mental illness
- Record all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Perform other position-related duties as assigned by the supervisor. Employment Opportunities At Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS)
- Diploma in Nursing with specialization in mental health from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 (two) years working experience in the same field.
- Able to work in the refugee camps situation.
- Must have a valid TNMC registration.