ILASA Bursary Programme 2022/2023
Institute for Landscape Architecture in South Africa (ILASA) invites applicants to apply for ILASA Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
- Bursary Application Closing date is 22 November 2021
ILASA Bursary Programme 2022/203
Institute for Landscape Architecture in South Africa (ILASA) is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a Degree in Landscape Architecture (Undergraduate or Postgraduate).
Bursaries will be awarded based on these main criteria: academic results, financial need, university requirements, availability of funds and the ILASA bursary policy.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, books, stationary, course material and accommodation. The value of the bursary will be determined by ILASA and based on the students expenses.
Bursary recipients will receive funding for a maximum of 3 years for National Diploma studies, and students who intend on pursuing Advanced Diploma studies may receive an additional year of funding. Bursary recipients pursuing Bachelor Degree studies, will receive funding for 3 to 4 years, depending on the specific course. Bursary recipients pursuing Master’s Degree studies, will receive funding for a maximum of 2 years.
After graduation, bursary recipients will be required to work for a Landscape Architectural Company in South Africa or in Landscape Architectural within a Built Environment Company, for an equal amount of time as funding received.
Requirements for ILASA Bursary Programme 2022/203
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen OR a South African naturalized citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Landscape Architectural degree (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at one of the following tertiary institutions, which is registered and accredited with SACLAP (South African Council of the Landscape Architectural Profession): University of Cape Town, Cape Peninsula University of Technology or University of Pretoria
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in your previous year of study
- You must have proven financial need
- Preference will be given to financially needy students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to apply ILASA Bursary Programme 2022/203
Download and complete the ILASA Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Applicants must also read and sign the following documents when applying:
ILASA Bursary Agreement (.pdf)
ILASA Bursary Policy (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians (breadwinners) ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians (breadwinner) proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ financial balance sheet if self-employed: certified copies)
- Official academic record from tertiary institution for previous year, if currently studying (certified copy)
- School academic record for previous year, if applicable (certified copy)
- Motivational letter to support your application (including details of your academic ability, financial need and future career plans)
- Completed and signed copy of the Bursary Agreement (above)
- Completed and signed copy of the Bursary Policy (above)
Applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected]a AND [email protected]
(Insert the words “ILASA Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
NOTES ABOUT THE ILASA BURSARY
- All applicants will receive an email to confirm receipt of their application.
- Final selections are made by the ILASA NEC.
- Successful candidates will be contacted – thereafter, unsuccessful candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants are requested to keep all original copies of documents submitted for the bursary application, as they will be requested when awarding the bursary.