Tanzania Cooperative Development Commission (TCDC)
The Tanzania Cooperative Development Commission is established by the Cooperative Societies Act No 6 of 2013 and is mandated with the regulation and promotion of cooperative sector development.
Vision and Mission
Vision : To be a leading organization in Africa that fosters development of modern and commercial cooperative societies which meet global standards and demands of the cooperative movement.
Mission: To provide efficient and effective regulatory and promotional services for attainment of vibrant, modern and commercial cooperative societies in Tanzania.
- Professionalism:We provide our services based on technical know- how and relevant skills.
- Team Work spirit: We work together towards common goals by sharing skills, knowledge and experience.
- Accountability: We acknowledge assigned responsibilities and we are answerable for consequences.
- Transparency: We adhere clear and open procedures and guidelines in all our undertakings.
- Integrity: We adhere moral principles/ethical code while offering our services.
- Result Oriented: While focusing on our clients’ needs, we execute activities basing on expected outcomes
Functions of TCDC
The roles of the Commission are to regulate and promote development of the cooperative sector (a) for the purposes of regulating cooperative societies, the functions of the Commission shall be to:
- Register and deregister cooperative societies;
- Inspect and supervise cooperative societies;
- Keep and maintain the register of cooperative societies;
- Ensure publication of the names of registered or de-registered societies in the Gazette;
- Determine disputes and complaints arising from cooperative societies;
The Cooperative development department has been moving from one Ministry to another presumably for the purpose of strengthening the implementation of its roles and functions to meet the desired demands of the targeted people and various stakeholders. Though the department had passed through various Ministries it faced various challenges which contrally to the envisaged results lead to inefficiency in its performance and operations.
Tume ya Maendeleo ya Ushirika Tanzania (TCDC) kwa kushirikiana na Ofisi ya Waziri Mkuu – Kazi, Vijana, Ajira na Watu wenye Ulemavu (OWM-KVAU) inatekeleza Programu ya Work Readiness Employability Skills…
- Tangazo Woreep [59 KB]
Deadline 20 – Nov- 2020