Job Opportunities at Global Volunteers Tanzania Global Volunteers is a private, nonsectarian, international, human and economic development organization in consultative status with the United Nations. We recruit and engage teams of short-term volunteers to work on long-term community-driven development projects in countries around the world. Established in 1984, Global Volunteers is one of the largest organizations of its kind having engaged more than 34,000 volunteers in 34 countries on six continents. At the invitation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania, Iringa Diocese (ELCT IRD), Global Volunteers has worked in the Iringa region since 1987.
RCP Caregiver (3)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Global Volunteers is seeking qualified female applicants to serve as community caregivers for the RCP program in Ukwega Ward, Kilolo District, Iringa. The RCP program is a child-focused, comprehensive, holistic effort beginning with pregnancy and continuing through the 18th birthday.
The overall goal of RCP is to help parents/caregivers and community-based organizations deliver the essential services required for children to realize their full potential. Interactive parent/caregiver workshops, appropriate technology, home visits, handwashing with soap and water campaigns, classroom training, public health education, healthcare delivery, teacher training, and after school tutoring are all utilized to support and help families raise healthier children. The RCP Caregiver position focuses on the first thousand days – pregnancy through the second birthday – in an effort to eliminate stunting. Learn more at https://globalvolunteers.org/tanzania-rcp-you-can-make-the-difference/
Global Volunteers is looking for individuals who are responsible, enthusiastic, quick learners, and able to work well with others of varying backgrounds and education levels. Leadership potential and past experience in nutrition, childhood development, gardening, health care, and/or community development related fields are a plus. Applicants should also be comfortable working with parents, children, and other family members. The position requires significant walking in order to conduct home visits.
Successful applicants will need to live in, or be able to relocate to UKWEGA WARD, KILOLO DISTRICT – IRINGA REGION.
The primary duties of RCP Caregivers are:
- Maintain a case load (roster of families to support) and visit each in their homes on a regular weekly schedule;
- Participate in regular in-service training conducted by volunteers;
- Participate in training workshops conducted for families by volunteers;
- Help families embrace and adopt the learnings from the workshops during home visits;
- Engage volunteers in home visits when volunteers are in the village;
- Provide support and care to families on their case load, in general, and pregnant women, mothers and infants, and toddlers, in particular, through home visits and RCP activities;
- Make sure each of the assigned RCP family’s children is measured at the Ipalamwa Health Clinic once a month;
- Learn from the volunteers and reinforce that information with families on home visits;
- Inform village women of upcoming home visits, social activities and workshops, and encourage their attendance;
- Help facilitate the activities of the RCP Parents Club; and
- Encourage RCP families to fully participate in the RCP Parents’ Club.
The primary responsibilities of RCP Caregivers are:
- Participate in and complete Global Volunteers’ training.
- Agree to abide by all rules, policies and procedures dealing with:
- roles and responsibilities,
- payment methods and schedules,
- work hours and time off,
- expected behavior when dealing with families and with volunteers, and
- Acting as a representative of Global Volunteers.
- Maintain a positive and constructive attitude.
- Perform the duties as described in a professional and appropriate manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: This individual must be well grounded in and have a strong commitment to Global Volunteers’ Philosophy of Service and the goals of the organization. Must communicate clearly in oral and written form. Required to have strong people skills. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and manage a substantial caseload. Must have demonstrated ability in spreadsheet (MS EXCEL) and Internet applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Two-year diploma or a bachelor’s degree with strong English proficiency (Written and Spoken)
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time job (40+ hours per week)
REPORTABILITY: This position reports to the RCP Caregiver Supervisor.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter through [email protected] no later than 13th January, 2021