Job Opportunities at Serengeti Breweries Limited From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
POST;Mechanical Technician at Serengeti Breweries Limited
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits). It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the second largest listed company on the Nairobi stock exchange. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Guinness, Tusker Lager, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Purpose of Role:
The position holder will be responsible for providing engineering support in the brewery.
- Accountable for plant maintenance during the shift
- Manage shift operation independently ( including all utilities , brewing, ETP and packaging)
- Implements maintenance schedules – advise planner on necessary changes/ inclusions to improve on plant maintenance
- Effectively and safely execute maintenance breakdowns repairs and Complete 5why to establish root cause immediately after breakdown rectification
- Coach the technical operators
- Ensure compliance with safety requirements at the work environment.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A minimum of Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or VETA Technical course
- At least three 3 years experience in process engineering
- Understanding of industrial maintenance practices