Job Opportunity at Nokia – IPRAN SLM Support Specialist.
IPRAN SLM Support Specialist
We create the critical networks and technologies to bring together the world’s intelligence, across businesses, cities, supply chains and societies. With our commitment to innovation and technology leadership, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we deliver networks at the limits of science across mobile, infrastructure, cloud, and enabling technologies. Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities we need for a more productive, sustainable and inclusive world.
About Global Services
The Global Services business group deploys, supports and operates communication service providers’ (CSP) and enterprise networks. This includes network infrastructure services and professional services for mobile networks and managed operations for fixed, mobile, IP and optical domains. Nokia is also leading new growth areas including network cognitive services and analytics, public sector networks, energy and transport markets and our Worldwide IoT Network Grid (WING) which provides seamless connectivity across geographical borders and technologies.
Operation and maintenance of Transport Networks including MW and Fiber links and IP networks.
Main Responsibility Area:
Plans and executes technical tasks according to given tasks, along with existing processes and instructions. Works with the responsibility of responding to customer problems directly or through internal customer interface. Solves technical problems
Main Network Elements supported:
- Huawei MW links (All HW and SW releases)
- Huawei DWDM (All HW and SW releases)
- ECI MUX (All HW and SW releases)
- Aviat MW links (All HW and SW releases)
- Ceregon MW links (All HW and SW releases)
- All fiber optics solutions
- Cisco Router (all platforms, HW&SW)
- Huawei Routers (all platforms, HW&SW)
Responsibilities Deliverables / Performance
- Manage and maintain all the Transmission NE in scope (PDH; SDH, Routers, MUX and DWDM) Network to attain the required KPIs.
- Responsible for the evaluation Transmission plan within the Network and recommendation for the changes if necessary.
- Creation, Modification, Deletion of circuits/links in scope.
- Traffic Migration (shifting of traffic) as and when required.
- Link utilization check and reporting highly utilized link as per link design.
- Ensure redundancy for all routes is available.
- Technical support to both the Field maintenance (FLM) and NMC teams
- Corrective maintenance to carried out as and when required in line with the trouble ticket received Preventive maintenance activities to verify the status and condition of main elements, auxiliary and ancillary equipment
- ATP and JO execution according to Nokia guidelines and checklist
- Performance analysis and Problem management
- Root-cause analysis and provision of solutions to problems
- Database management of all Transmission NE
QUALIFICATIONS AND Experience
University Degree in Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent
Advanced knowledge of mobile telecommunications network architectures / technologies
Knowledge of IP Networks operations support
Project management or equivalent
- Customer obsessed individual
- Innovation hungry and ambitious to attain excellent results in company goals
- Personality of very high integrity, honest and absolute trustworthy
- Ability to deal with issues of a complex nature
- Ability to work under constant pressure.
- Team player;
- Resilient individual
- Action Orientation and high energy personality
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment
- Interpersonal sensitivity.
- An individual that can work with no /minimum supervision
Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves.