The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania, to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and Reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH).
In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system, and strengthening enabling environments to improvę supply chain performance.
JOB TITLE : Program Officer and Administrative Support
LOCATION : Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO : Program Manager
GHSC TA-TZ is recruiting for Program Officer to provide operational and administrative support for the implementation of work plan activities, including but not limited assisting in monitoring annual work plans, liaising with technical and operational staff on various technical and operational program areas as well as lead management of I arge scale technical activities such as workshops, trainings, and conferences such as the Annual Supply Chain Summit.
Additionally, this position will provide operational support to ensure project materials are filled according to internal protocol and administer internal and external meetings with clients.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure all project deliverables are in project approved templates.
- Manage the project’s filing system and ensure all final deliverables are organized and saved appropriately.
- Work with technical teams and other project staff to track deliverable.
- Assist in development of project materials and information.
- Coordinate with project staff to ensure approved project reports/ success stories and other public materials are on the appropriate project website as necessary.
- Provide support to technical staff on preparation of presentations or documentation
- Support project teams in planning and administrative implementation of training and workshops such as but not limited to paying out per diem rates, organizing conference facilities and booking venues, liaising with vendors.
- Coordinate international and local travel.
- Contributes to work plan development and implementation reviews.
- Support project teams to provide high quality deliverables.
- Support the coordination of clients such as USAID meetings, project technical meetings and conferences; prepare and disseminate agenda items, take minutes, and circulate as appropriate.
- Support in the planning, development, and execution of the Tanzania Health Supply Chain Summit including:
- Convene summit planning committee.
- Finalize theme, topics, and timetable for the summit.
- Execute marketing plan for the summit, and ensure that communication on conferences are timely, and communicated through relevant channels and reach relevant audiences.
- Manage participant registration.
- Confirm attendance of keynote speakers and other speakers/presenters, and ensure they understand logistics around their presentations (time, format, etc.)
- Liaise with venue to ensure success of summit.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for the summit.
- Process all requests such as room set-up, catering needs and audio visual device requirements.
- Prepare travel arrangements for participants, both international and local as appropriate.
- Print conference materials and prepare welcome packets.
- Coordinate post summit review by soliciting feedbacks; prepare and disseminate post event reports.
- Maintain high-level of professionalism and competence when dealing with clients
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A degree in public health, supply chain management, business administration, public administration, and advanced diploma in related studies
- Ability to take initiative and work in teams.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Swahili.
- Proficiency in Microsoft -Word, -Excel and -Office.
- Proficiency with google drive, google survey, and google docs.
- Experience with a USAID-funded project and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations strongly desired.
- Experience working with an NGO strongly desired.
- Experience in multicultural event management such as large conferences and meetings including planning and execution.
- Experience in training planning and coordination is an added advantage.
- Experience in working on areas of health programs/projects, such as commodities supply chain management is an added advantage.
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse of people of various nationalities and cultural background
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training.
Submission may be sent to: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 28th January, 2021