Dangote Cement Plc is a Nigerian multinational publicly traded cement manufacturer headquartered in Lagos. The company is engaged in the manufacture, preparation, import, packaging, and distribution of cement and related products in Nigeria and has plants or import terminals in 9 other African countries
POST:Communication Manager (Cement Industry)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare all Media communications content, including digital and social media communication for Dangote Cement, Tanzania.
- Manage effective relationships with media stakeholders-Editors, Columnists, Reporters, presenters and bloggers.
- Act as a first point of contact regarding all media stakeholder engagements and manage the implementation of external communication protocol, processes and procedures
- In partnership with Marketing and Branding function, facilitate media profiling of the company and maintain the required company image and brand through effective media profiling control
- Where required, act as an alternative spokesperson or media liaison for the company
- Develop PR and Media Relations plans for target stakeholders, and support the onsite staff and contractors in implementing communications plans.
- Write and issue print media background briefings, issue-specific fact sheets, talking points and content for the Group website, Manage day-to-day publicity efforts for TV, radio, print etc.
- Draft and edit Public Relations collaterals including press releases, speeches, FAQ, briefing notes, corporate PowerPoint and corporate advertorials
- Maintain working relationship with media outlets, key stakeholders, bringing inaccuracies and errors to the attention of writers and editors in a timely fashion.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with all relevant regulatory and supervisory agencies in Tanzania
- Provide guidance and collect feedback from relevant stakeholders
- Develop an understanding and awareness of our conglomerate especially DCP Tanzania with the media in particular and other stakeholders
- Work with the management to ensure the communications needs of Dangote Cement Tanzania are met
- Promote closer bonding between Media, stakeholder publics and the company
- Prepare and send news highlights to all Dangote Cement staff in Tanzania.
- Contribute articles to Dangote Group newsletter
- Disseminate required information to all DCP Tanzania Staff
- Track media reports that are of interest to the company and bring to the knowledge of Management.
- Organize media tours of Dangote Cement Plants
- Market research/Intelligence
- A BSc in Mass Communication, English, Public relation or any related course
- A postgraduate degree in Mass Communication or any related course
- An MBA is an advantage
- 5-7 years’ experience in Journalism, Public/Media Relation
- Extensive contacts in the Tanzanian median sector
- Extensive contacts within the regulatory agencies and professional bodies
Skills and Competencies
- Good knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry in terms of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislations etc.
- Deep understanding of Media Relations, including media categories
- Strong relationship building skills
- Knowledge of social media
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development
POST:Head of Marketing (Cement Industry)
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the strategic direction and objectives of the Sales and Marketing department to all staff within the department.
- Oversee the articulation of the organisation’s sales and marketing strategies and ensure alignment with DCP’s corporate strategy, goals and objectives.
- Champion the design and deployment of an effective customer acquisition, retention and relationship management strategy/framework to sustain and expand the organisation’s clientele.
- Institutionalise a customer service-oriented culture in the sales workforce and champion capacity building efforts for all categories of staff within the department.
- Provide overall guidance and direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Approve and coordinate the execution of the department’s work programs and plans.
- Ensure the deployment of effective market penetration and market share acquisition framework.
- Ensure the development and establishment of effective channel strategies to promote sales.
- Oversee the collation of market and industry business intelligence to support effective decision making.
- Monitor and ensure the provision of the highest quality services to the company’s customers and oversee the design and deployment of an effective customer relationship management framework.
- Stay abreast of market trends, customer needs and competitor initiatives and devise strategies to optimally utilise market opportunities.
- Attend workshops, trade shows and seminars to keep up to date with changes in the industry.
- Oversee the preparation of the department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Review the department’s performance against set targets on a periodic basis and define action plans for improvement.
- Manage the human and material resources of the department to optimise performance and enhance output.
- Assign detailed responsibilities to subordinates and supervise them to ensure timely delivery of high-quality results
- Ensure periodic meetings to communicate departmental goals/targets and agree work plans
- Motivate, guide and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity building of subordinates
- Review and authorize key expenditures/transactions of the Department in line with approved departmental budget and manual of authority
- Prepare and agree career development plans (in conjunction with HR Department) and conduct periodic performance appraisals for departmental staff.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the CEO, DCP Tanzania, on the activities of the department.
- Act on behalf of; and perform any other duties that may be assigned by the CEO, DCP Tanzania
- Coordinate, direct and supervise the day-to-day activities of the department and ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the company.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales and marketing plan to acquire significant clientele from identified customer segments.
Education and Work Experience
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of thirteen (18) years relevant work experience
Skills and Behaviours
- In-depth understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- In-depth knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Very good understanding of approaches/ methodology for business strategy articulation, monitoring and implementation; sales/marketing planning, marketing models and business performance analysis.
- Very good knowledge of local and global industry dynamics including regulation, legislation and operating environment.
- Very good understanding of micro and macroeconomic indicators and their impact on business.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
- High ethical standards.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development