Job Vacancies at Precision Air Tanzania January 2023.
Vacancies Precision Air Tanzania jobs 2023
Precision Air Services Plc is a fast-growing private Tanzanian airline which operates in Partnership with Kenya Airways, with its strategies to expand wings beyond East Africa and Africa.
In order to keep our services at a higher level and meet our customers’ maximum satisfaction, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in these challenging positions.
JOB POSITION: NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (1 POST)
REPORTS TO: INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM.
ROLE PURPOSE OF THE STATEMENT
To configure, support monitor and manage Precision Air’s local and wide area networks ensuring that the company LAN and WAN infrastructure availability is optimized at all times and secured.
- To work with network service providers in logical design, configuration and implementation of LANS and WANs, ensuring vendor proposed solutions are implemented within agreed design specifications and optimized to the best performance.
- Work with system administrators and Business Analysts in data traffic routing so as to ensure installed networks efficiently and effectively manage network bandwidths and application traffic.
Diagnose network bottlenecks identifying fault root causes and implement solutions which will ensure maximum availability and optimal performance of LANs and WANs.
To work with the network service providers to ensure that wired and wireless network services both internal and external are working at agreed SLAs and liaise with them to resolve incidents and problem as necessary To design and implement appropriate redundant traffic routings where appropriate, cost effective, and necessary To liaise effectively with all outstations to ensure that network solutions are implemented within the company standards. Actively appraise and monitor entire network performance and recommend new proposals for networking and communications technologies to improve services reliability, cost efficiency, and better support business. Participate in the formulation and updating of network standards and perform all implementations within the set standards.
Maintain and update well-documented technical details on all services links to ensure easy information access by stakeholder.
- Prepare technical documentations for network infrastructure solutions, network security solutions and maintenance of related equipment, appliance inventories and deployed solutions.
- Identifying, monitoring and defining the requirements of the overall security of the system.
- Maintain firewalls, VPNs, web and email security protocols, perimeter security, network access controls, end point security.
- Ensure periodic testing of the organization’s network and systems from a security point of view.
- Be aware of the latest threats in the cybersecurity domain to guide and advise the organization regarding the up-gradation of systems.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network security products, services, protocols and standards in support of network security continuous improvements. And configuring enterprise-wide security in firewalls, routers and switches.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Level of availability of network infrastructure within set standards to support the business.
- Timely resolution of service faults within agreed SLAs.
- Timely implementations of new network system across the airline within budget and meeting set business objectives.
accessible and understandable documentation of the entire net work infrastructure.
- Proactive reporting of network availability and performance.
- Self-starter and proactive
- Working with deadlines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Telecommunication engineering or related field.
- At least five years of experience in network and infrastructure in a busy commercial organization.
- Advanced industry certification in networking technologies and security, preferably Cisco CCNP Enterprise, Cisco CCNP Enterprise, Cisco CCNP security.
- Knowledge in routers, firewalls, switches configuration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in analysing, testing, and evaluating networks to make sure that they run properly and that they have the resources necessary for smooth functioning.
- Knowledge in network security including architecture and configuration of Cisco routers, firewalls, and a wide range of security products.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong skills in routing and switching.
- Communication and customer service skills.
Closing Date: Not later than 31st January 2023
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirements, please send your application and CV to the address below. Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted.
Head of Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770
Dar es Salaam Tanzania