Nafasi za Kazi at Tujijenge Tanzania – Recovery Officer.
Job Positions 4 Recovery Officer at Tujijenge Tanzania
Tujijenge Tanzania’s mission is to improve the quality of life for families in Tanzania through the provision of microfinance. We are a microfinance organisation, offering products through group and individual lending, targeting micro and small enterprises. Tujijenge Tanzania was set up by Tujijenge Afrika, with the vision of being a leader in the provision of caring, customer focused financial services, and with the core values of transparency, integrity, sustainability, respect, teamwork, and empowerment. We are committed to positively influence the lives of our members, with customer focused financial services that impact them individually as well as their enterprises and the wider community.
POSITION: Recovery Officer: 4 posts
REPORTING: Branch Manager
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
Recovery Officer is to manage an assigned portfolio of loans in default using the TUJIJENGE loan collections and recovery framework.
- Regularly review loans in default and initiate plans/strategies for recovery of those loans
- Make recommendations to branch manager about the likelihood of recovering loans in default and whether legal action will be required;
- Appraise and assess bad loan situations, prepare reports for the recovery manager and follow up cases of bad loans handled by bailiffs, auctioneers and lawyers
- Track and analyse causes of and trends in loan delinquency and recommend appropriate corrective strategic actions
- Ensure the PAR >30 ratios do not exceed 5%.
- Master and ensure appropriate implementation of the TUJIJENGE loan collections and recovery framework protocols including department networking and skip tracing methods
- Appropriately and effectively apply the protocols to work the loans in default as assigned
- Display a persuasive and professional manner while encouraging borrowers and/or guarantors to repay their loans in a timely manner as contractually obligated.
- Regularly locating/relocating, identifying and seeking contact with borrowers/guarantors in default(i.e. by personal visits, telephone or mail etc.) to remind them of their obligations and/or discuss and effect resolutions to their delinquency problems (i.e. payment, renegotiation, collateral seizure etc.) while simultaneously endeavouring to build and maintain good customer relationships
- Completing and recording (collection activity report) regular borrowers in default contact and analysis/re-analysis of financial status followed by a comprehensive agreement for repayment of the loan/arrears
- A Diploma/Bachelors Degree or Masters in business administration, accountancy, finance or any relevant filed.
- minimum of four years of loan collections and recovery experience in the financial services sector
- Strong people/relationship skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
Application Deadline is 7th August 2021.